Welcome to Constructability 3D“Constructability is a project management technique to review construction processes from start to finish during pre-construction phase. It is to identify obstacles before a project is actually built to reduce or prevent errors, delays, and cost overruns” – Wikipedia
More About Constructability Reviews
It is common in the construction industry to have an architect or designer’s set of plans, a structural engineer’s drawings, and a truss manufacturer’s drawings- with no interaction or communication between them. It is often left up to the builder to determine constructability (“by others” or “verify with builder”).
We combine our many years of experience in the construction industry (custom home builder/designer for last thirty years) and 3D modeling to build detailed 3D structural models, BEFORE the project is built, identifying clashes and costly mistakes, as well as providing an impressive 3D model to be used as a guide and reference during construction.
Constructability3D and BIM, Explained…
- 2D Drawings are used to convey the design intent for contractors and trades to construct the building.
- 3D models are generated from the 2D documents to provide visualization of the building.
- 4D involves an element of time (the construction schedule)
- 5D involves an element of cost (the construction budget)
- 6D involves the lifespan of the building and its components after completion, including warranty and maintenance requirements.